Saturday, November 29, 2008

Another Marathon!

Ahh, I am addicted to running which causes me to participate in crazy races like the Napa Marathon in this coming March. People have heard I am running in another marathon and they say"so your running in another marathon?" my reply is not an excited one, not because I don't like it but because I know the training that is involved in preparing for a marathon. But once I put all my running gear on and head out the door on my run days and I have run about 3 to 4 miles I smile because I then feel the excitement of pushing myself and moving along the trails. I love the accomplishment I make every time I finish a short or long run. Nothing beats knowing you just finished a tough, easy or short run because I know what it takes to be a runner. It takes not only consistency in training but determination to finish any race and a whole lot of heart. Oh and it takes someone saying "come on you can go father..." Thanks my TNT buddies you all continue to challenge me and keep me running.

No comments: