Sunday, December 7, 2008

My Ten Mile run

I ran 10 miles this last Saturday and I did pretty well and finished in about an hour and 37 min. that's about a 9:40min mile. I did alright since I didn't carb up the day before but to say the least I did great. I look forward to the next big mile runs and see how well I can hold up this fast pace. The next big long run I hope to do is a 13 mile one and I want to run the whole time with no walk breaks as I have done for the last long runs.

During my ten mile at about mile 8 just when I was heading home my ipod shuffle stopped working and I had no tunes to run to for the final home stretch. Yeah it was too quiet so my pace slowed down since I didn't have anyone to talk to or anything to listen to. That's the one down side to training on your own for races is the lack of a buddy to run with. I am hoping Scott will catch up with me so he can at least run with me when I run my six mile routine runs every other weekend.

No comments: