Monday, October 6, 2008

Rock n' Roll half marathon in San Jose

Just this past sunday I ran in the San Jose Half marathon and I did great! I didnt beat any personal record but did well in spite of the fact I ran 20 miles the weekend before. I ran with my running partner Gabby who I have been mentoring this seaon and another running friend Misty for most of the way as well.

The race was a blast and a great warm up for my marathon which is in two weeks. I can't wait to beat my time from last year at this years marathon for Nike. I think the best part of this Rock N'Roll marathon was running in with my mentee Gabby who has never experienced a race like this and be able to cross the finish line with her. I have never crossed a finish line with a buddy yet since I always get impatient and speed up at then end of my races. Gabby didnt want to finish this race alone and so as we ran towards the finish line I reach over for her hand and say "Lets cross this together as we planned" it was a great moment for her and me. nothing compares to the feeling of finishing a race especialy when crossing with a friend in 2hours and 20 mintues.

Oh I forgot to mention all the support we had on the race. Since I had on my Team in Training jersery I got tons of shout outs and encouragement from the crowds which always keeps me going. the best part too was running into former running buddies such as Jessie mid race and catching up with her during the race. I love races they are just so much fun no matter what the milage is, their always fun.

No comments: