Saturday, June 20, 2009

ugh why am I so slow

Today before meeting up with some people from the Team in Training newbies Gabby and I ran 2 miles. Gabby and I are planning to run the San Francisco half marathon in July and figured we should be running a bit more then what TNT requires. on our 2 mile run we picked up our pace to a 9:30 pace and then slowly progressed to a 8:50pace per mile. Man it was hard, I was breathing heavy and decided to talk as little as possible so I could concentrate. Now mind you a 8:50 pace is quick and pushing it but Gabby and I use to be able to run 8:30 to even an 8min pace at times on our short runs. But I think since (speaking for myself) my last race which was the relay ( see my blog about that) I really had a hard time there. I pushed my self physically and have yet to regain my speed back. Plus I haven't been pushing myself ether.

all in all I have my work cut out for me. My goal for the SF half is to finish of course but also to come in no later then a 2hr and 10 min. but that means I really need to push myself at Tuesday tracks with the team and on my own runs as well. so lets see what happens, I will keep you posted.

No comments: