Wednesday, August 5, 2009

As the 10th year is approaching without my sister

As the years have gone by I try to remember my Sister and the life she lived and not the way she died too much. It has been 10 years (as of August 6th) since I last saw my sister and I will never forget her as the years continue to pass.

This last Saturday (August 1st) I held my annual fundraiser for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS). Another name I generally use for this organization is Team in Training which is a non- profit supporting research to find a cure for all blood cancers. The Organization also helps patients currently dealing with cancer as well.

I with the help of many friends and family we raised $1000 that day to go towards the LLS efforts to finding a cure! I do all this in the memory of my sister Alexandria. Every time I cross a finish line at each race just before I come in I give a kiss on my hand and throw it to the sky and point upward. The Kiss is for my sister and the point is for God who carries me through each and every race no matter how big or small.

This year is especially hard for me because not only has it been ten years with out my sister. But it will be the year I marry the man I love with out my sister by my side to share in my joy. My eyes just tear up when I think about it but I know she lives in my heart and in the memories of all who knew her. So please join me in celebrating life and live for each day as if it were your last and never let a moment go by with out loving your friends and family.

If you haven't given towards my efforts to find a cure for all blood cancers and still would like to go to my link at :
http://pages.teamintraining.org/sj/nikesf09/vgonzales

Thank you for your support for those who have given and those who continue to pray for me and my team as we continue to train for our up coming marathons! I will keep you all updated.

No comments: