Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A New Hope



If you’re a Star wars Fan you will recognize the title of this update. Just as in episode 4 of Stars Wars or to some the first Star wars. I too am chasing after a New Hope. I wanted to update many of you on how my training has been going for my upcoming 4th marathon (see the Star Wars Connection yet?). Yes I have a personal Goal to beat my time of 4hrs and 45min but I also have a new hope to find leading drugs to help fight against all blood cancers. I have a new hope because I continue to meet survivors and find out the new procedures and drugs that are working today! But the only way I can continue to help the process of curing cancers is to get the funding I need to continue ground breaking research. That funding can only come from you and me.



This past weekend on one of my training runs of ten miles I was thinking about many things. The first thing I thought of was my sister and who she was and what made me laugh about her and what I loved about her. I remembered her pursuit of things she desired, especially when she had a goal to travel to New York with her school. My sister Alex did everything in her ability to raise the funds she needed to get herself to New York. Man that girl did everything from car washing to recycling to house cleaning. I also remembered her attitude and the way she approached life. Alex faced life strong willed and could care less what others thought. As I continued on my ten mile run I thought to myself “I have learned a great deal from my sister even while she has left this world. She taught me to face reality and laugh at challenges and not give up”. On these long runs I get to spend time with my sister and I love it so much.



So I fight for Alex and all those who continue to fight for or lost their lives. I have a hope that one day someone in a Lab will say “I got it!” I want to be the person who helped put a cure in the hands of the dying and be able to run free without the worry of “will I ever have to face cancer with no chance of survival and will anyone I love as well?”



Please join me in my New Hope of one day finding the cure. As a friend said once before if you can’t run why not fund? To donate please follow this link http://pages.teamintraining.org/sj/RoyalVic10/pon



Thanks to all who have contributed so far, be it by finances, services, and raffle prizes or by prayers and encouragement. I will keep you all posted as I continue on in the miles. I have raise so far $1940 and need to raise $3000.




With High Hopes,


Victoria Pon

These people keep me going they are the survivors !

1 comment:

Jen said...

You just combined several of my favorite things in this post:

Star Wars
TNT
Running
and...
YOU!! :)

I have no doubt you'll be kicking major butt in Royal Vic and I will be so happy to be there in person to witness it (and celebrate with you afterwards). So glad you're coming to Canada too!!